Friday, December 18, 2009

So many things, so few minutes...

...how many of you have said that in the last 18 days?

Since Thanksgiving, I've wanted to tell you all what I'm thankful for and then came my 5 year wedding anniversary and I wanted to tell you how my marriage brought me closer to God and now we are fast approaching the day we celebrate "the Word becoming flesh and dwelling among us"! Hallelujah!

So, here goes, better late than never, right?

Thanksgiving
The day came and went but not without many reflections of things that I am most thankful for. I am most thankful for God's Grace! Though I do not deserve it and could never earn it, it is mine and it offers me eternity in heaven.

Next, I am very thankful for an amazing husband who longs to make me happy, his family who supports me in all that I do, my own family who loves God and each other no matter what. Thankful for step-children who have accepted me and made me feel loved and allowed me to love them like my own.

Thankful for a job that puts a roof over our heads and food on the table. Thankful for FirstFitness, products that have helped me and so many others feel great and live healthier, not to mention the extra cash that has provided little extras for Jason and me.

Thankful for my church family who are faithful, giving and 100% genuine! Thankful for the joy that I feel every day! Thankful for the men and women that have fought for my freedoms and the freedoms of all God's children. Thankful for men and women who have committed their lives to sharing the Gospel, giving others hope, peace and love.

I could probably go on and on for pages, but these are the things that surface immediately when I want to give thanks.

December 11, 2004
The day I said, "I do" and "I will"! It was 53 degrees and the wind was whipping like crazy. Our wedding was outside at Stephen Foster Memorial and had been put together in just 2 months. My dear Aunt Judy and my mom slaved over the details non-stop from October 1st right up until the very minute the ceremony started. It was beautiful.

Now, 5 years later, Jason and I are finally getting it figured out! It hasn't been all fun and games. There have been tough times, there have been fusses about the silliest of things and the most serious of things. All in all, the good far outweighs the bad. We've grown so much, individually and together.

Until Jason, I was wandering around lost, searching, longing for that forever kind of love. I think we both were. Together, Jason and I were able to turn back to God and get rooted in Him! We made a commitment to build our marriage on the solid foundation of our faith. To put God first, to be active in our church and to teach our children the importance of these things, not by telling them, but by showing them. I don't know that I would have ever been strong enough to leave my old life behind and walk with God in such a way with out Jason by my side.

Jason, you are my soul mate! You were my windshield wipers in the blinding storm I had driven myself into! Thank you for showing me the way! Like Jerry said, "I love you. You... complete me."

Next up - Christmas
What a glorious way to end the year? Reflecting on our Savior's coming! My prayer for you all is that you celebrate this above and beyond any other thing this "holiday" season! The fact that God loves you so much He sent His one and only son to live on Earth and to eventually suffer and die so that you may know His love for you, that my friend, is worth celebrating and celebrating abundantly. Don't get all "wrapped" up in the shopping and the presents and the events! Celebrate the coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ! Recognize that you are loved by the Highest, Mightiest, Most Powerful of all and share His Love with someone every day!!!
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us." - John 1:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us:

Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!