Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Why am I doing this?

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. - Ephesians 2:10

For the last several months, I have been asking myself this question. Why am I so driven to work this FirstFitness business? Is it the money? Is it the car? Is it the promise of better health for myself and others? What is it that is pushing me? Is it of God or is it of the world?

I've always had a general interest in health and wellness, but its never been a passion. My passion over the last 5 years has evolved from wanting to climb the corporate\career ladder, make a good paycheck, and be successful in the eyes of others to wanting to do mission work, helping those who can't help themselves, those who are less fortunate than me, and to spread the Word to the Nations... Over the last week or two, I have really been in prayer seeking God as to the reason for my drive and success with FirstFitness since I didn't really think it was inline with my passion.

He has revealed to me that it is a company full of Christian leaders and distributors. He has opened my eyes to the fact that our bodies are just a shell that He has provided us to walk around in here on earth. It is just a shell until we invite the Holy Spirit to live within us and make us whole. The shell then becomes a temple! A temple of the Holy Spirit! A place for our Savior to dwell on earth with us as we do the works He has prepared for us. Taking care of our bodies and keeping our temples clean is a way we can honor God.

“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body,” -1 Corinthians 6:19-20

First Corinthians 8:6 says that God created us to live for Him He’s given us the gift of life and He wants us to enjoy it! I am having a great time meeting people and helping them reach their weight loss and healthy-living goals! Because this is a Christian-based company, I get to share the Word with the people that I meet. Maybe this does line up just right with my passion and my purpose! I'm going to forge forward trying to be a blessing to everyone I encounter, being the body of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us:

Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!