Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday - Hallelujah!

it's not so far away

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

There's this song, Sunday by Tree 63. It says, "it's Friday but Sunday is coming. Sunday ... Hallelujah!" For most, Sunday's are bittersweet I guess. I mean typically it's the weekend (sweet), but it's the last day of the weekend (bitter). Then of course there's that whole weekend, first day of the week argument too...

None of that is the point right now. I'm talking about the song. In the song, the reference to Friday, pertains to the day the Lord was hung on the cross. Friday being a day of despair and sorrow, but Sunday, Sunday is coming! Sunday being the day of the resurrection!

I relate this song to my entire life! I've lived through "Friday"! Friday being all the years I spent in darkness, running from God, ignoring Him, trying to hide from Him. And now it's "Sunday"! Now, I'm living in the Truth, in the Light, forgiven and saved by Grace!

With our Lord, Jesus Christ, every "Friday" has a "Sunday" and that deserves a HALLELUJAH! Whatever your trials are right now, they are not without purpose. Just hold on for your "Sunday", it's not so far away!

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us:

Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!