These four easy steps will get you back on target in no time:
1. Remove - If you have high-carb, sugary, fatty leftovers in the fridge, remove them immediately. Either freeze them or trash them now. Don't let them linger and tempt you. I personally threw out 2 slices of my mom's homemade pumpkin pie last night.
2. Re-hydrate - Flush out the excess acid, fats, etc. Drink extra water over the next few days to replenish lost fluids and to aid in digestion. Focus on drinking at least half of your body weight in ounces. For example if you weigh 150 pounds, drink at least 75 ounces of water each day. We also recommend SPN Rehydration to re-hydrate. It's an all natural sports drink with very little sugar and only 40 calories.
3. Refuel - If you're diet over the last few days has been typical of most Thanksgiving meals, your digestive system has been in overdrive! Focus on getting as many raw fruits and veggies as possible this week. Remember, sugar weakens the immune system so the more fruits and veggies you can get over the next few days, the better. An easy and convenient way to get a balanced meal with added nutrients from nutritious veggies is with a meal enhancement shake and super green supplement. A shake like the Body FX from FirstFitness Nutrition gives you the vitamins and minerals of a complete meal and is easily digested to get you back on the right track super fast. Adding the Vital Green adds important antioxidants to strengthen the immune system and help fend off winter colds.
4. Recommit - Often times guilt follows our over-indulgence and that's understandable. However, it does not move us forward, it only ties us to our mistakes. Get over it, move on and recommit to your healthy eating habits starting today! Get out and take a walk, get back in the gym. It'll give you more energy to get geared up for Christmas!
Here's a bonus tip:
5. Rest - Drink a full glass of water before bed, take your vitamins, have a cup of tea and relax. Rejuvenate your body with at least 7 hours of sleep each night.