Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Totally Random Tuesday: Laugh yourself well

My family seems to be laughing together more and more these days and I love it! I mean we've been laughing so much more than before that I actually noticed it, that alone should be a good measure.


I'm not sure why but I started analyzing it. It seems we laugh the most in the car, and if you know us, we are in the car a lot, always on the go. Now, many people don't want to be on the go like we are, but it is just a way of life for us right now living in one town, working in another, going to church in another. 

Here's the secret: we have less distractions in the car, no tv, no computer, no texting. The only entertainment we have in that car is the radio and each other! So, if we're not talking and laughing, we're singing and that can be pretty funny too. We also laugh a lot at the dinner table, which we try to sit at together most nights, especially when all three of us are together.  (For those who don't know, we have a blended family with one teenager at home 50% of the time and 2 adult children who live on their own.)

What's so funny?  Good question. Truth is we are usually just laughing at each other's random comments, feeding off of them as we continue to laugh.  Sometimes we remember the last things we laughed about and we laugh again.  I wish I could tell you specifically, but I don't want to spoil the fun for my family who might not appreciate me telling you all of their funny secrets and besides, it probably wouldn't be funny to you anyway.


What you need to know is that laughter is amazing therapy.  If you're not laughing enough to notice it, I would urge you to start working on fixing that right away. Laughter has the power to heal and renew.  It is an immediate cure for stress, pain and conflict and has physical, mental and social benefits.


Here are 8 ways to start laughing now:

  1. Watch a funny movie or TV show.
  2. Seek out funny people.
  3. Share a good joke or a funny story.
  4. Host game night with friends.
  5. Play with a pet.
  6. Goof around with children.
  7. Do something silly.
  8. Make time for fun activities (e.g. bowling, miniature golfing, karaoke).
What makes you laugh?  Share some funny stories here and help someone else laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us:

Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!