Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Put some clothes on...

... your neighbor.


I want to introduce you to your new neighbor, my friend, James.

Maybe you met James when he was hanging around with us earlier in the year. Maybe you have no idea who or what I'm talking about and you're thinking, I've never seen this guy and he certainly doesn't live next door to me.

The truth is, he doesn't live anywhere. He's a ... "vagabond", "vagrant", "wanderer"... well not exactly. All of these terms by definition indicate that he'd have no purpose or direction in his travels. But for my friend James, this is a choice, and if you talk to him, you'll quickly find out that he doesn't classify himself as anything more than "a follower of Jesus". I'll let you read his story for yourself, I believe you will find it rather inspiring!

What I will tell you about James is that he is the founder of Clothe Your Neighbor as Yourself. At the foundation of what he does, he sells t-shirts and with the profits, he lives among and provides for our neighbors.

This organization is giving you a chance to kill two birds with one stone in this "season of giving". Here's what I mean:

1. You have a list of people who you want to give something for Christmas

2. You want to be in category 3 and "give back"

When you purchase one of these shirts for that special some one on your list, your new neighbor, James is going to take care of #2 and put you in category 3!

And thus, you will have JOY and LIVE LONGER as a result!

I'll be putting my order in and marking some names off of my list today! I hope you will do the same.

Be sure to check out the CYNY website and to follow them on Facebook and Twitter to travel along with your new neighbor, James.

"..So he asked him, "Which is the most important of all the commandments?" Jesus answered, "Here is the most important one. Moses said, 'Israel, listen to me. The Lord is our God. The Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your mind and with all your strength.'—(Deuteronomy 6:4,5) And here is the second one. 'Love your neighbor as you love yourself.'—(Leviticus 19:18) There is no commandment more important than these." -- Mark 12:28-31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us:

Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!