Understanding the 10 principles of prosperity and applying them to your life are the first steps in your recovery from addiction.
1. If God’s against it, so am I.
2. Every sin has its origin in your heart.
3. It is easier to keep the heart clean than it is to clean it after it has been defiled.
4. You cannot fight a fleshly appetite by indulging in it.
5. Small compromises lead to great disasters.
6. Those who do not love the Lord will not help us serve the Lord.
7. Our sinful habits do hurt those who follow us.
8. It is not possible to fight a fleshly temptation with fleshly weapons.
9. We lose our freedom to choose when we give in to temptation. The consequences of our choices are inevitable, incalculable, and up to God.
10. God balances guilt with blame. Accept the blame for your actions, and God will remove the guilt.
• John 1:9My life has been touched by addiction in many ways, my own and those of loved ones. You can be delivered from these strongholds in your life. Prayer is a powerful thing and that's where it starts.
Resources found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction and http://www.ruhammond.com/_mgxroot/page_10766.html