Monday, April 26, 2010

10 Principles of Prosperity

Last night, I witnessed what I consider to be one of the greatest honors in my lifetime. Our oldest daughter was baptized! I can just imagine the joy and a host of angels singing in heaven, rejoicing that another soul has been dedicated to our Lord! I can remember the feeling of relief and security I, myself, felt at the time of my own baptism and I am overjoyed that she is now feeling these same things! She will be on a journey of joy, but it will not be unclouded by temptation from Satan. It may be that he chooses to work harder in her life now than ever before, but now she has the power & the authority of Jesus Christ as her weapon! Praise God!

I wanted to share part of the sermon that the minister shared last night because it was a great message. He pointed out that we all struggle with some form of addiction, maybe we don't see it as such, but do all have something that adversely affects us. Consider this as the definition for addiction and I believe you will be able to point out at least one in your life:

"An addiction is a persistent behavioral pattern marked by physical and/or psychological dependency and tolerance that causes significant disruption and negatively impacts the quality of life"

The 10 Principles of Prosperity

Understanding the 10 principles of prosperity and applying them to your life are the first steps in your recovery from addiction.

1. If God’s against it, so am I.

Galatians 5:19-24

2. Every sin has its origin in your heart.

Jeremiah 17:9; Proverbs 4:23; Romans 13:14

3. It is easier to keep the heart clean than it is to clean it after it has been defiled.

Proverbs 22:3; Proverbs 6:27-28

4. You cannot fight a fleshly appetite by indulging in it.

Ecclesiastes 5:10; James 1:14-15

5. Small compromises lead to great disasters.

Luke 16:10; Matthew 6:24; Romans 6:16

6. Those who do not love the Lord will not help us serve the Lord.

John 5:18-20; Proverbs 25:15-16

7. Our sinful habits do hurt those who follow us.

Romans 14:7; 1 Corinthians 10:23, 24

8. It is not possible to fight a fleshly temptation with fleshly weapons.

II Corinthians 10:3-5; I John 4:4

9. We lose our freedom to choose when we give in to temptation. The consequences of our choices are inevitable, incalculable, and up to God.

Proverbs 5:22; Proverbs 20:17; Proverbs 9:17-18

10. God balances guilt with blame. Accept the blame for your actions, and God will remove the guilt.

John 1:9

My life has been touched by addiction in many ways, my own and those of loved ones. You can be delivered from these strongholds in your life. Prayer is a powerful thing and that's where it starts.

---
Resources found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction and http://www.ruhammond.com/_mgxroot/page_10766.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us:

Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!