Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm not who I was...

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" - 2 Corinthians 5:17

This morning I stopped at the store on the way to work. I was wearing my new tee from the Follow You concert this weekend. The man behind the counter asked, "Who were you?". I was a little uncertain how to answer him. I simply replied, "well, I was lost." As I journeyed on to work, for the next 45 minutes, I thought about how to better answer that question. So here goes:


I was lost.
I was lonely.
I was dishonest.
I was confused.
I was selfish.
I was unhealthy.
I was misled.
I was misleading.
I was world-minded.
I was ambitious for worldly things.
I was superstitious.
I was judgmental.
I was hard-hearted.
I was seeking.
I was superficial.
I was materialistic.
I was greedy.
I was jealous.
I was scared.
I was unfocused.
I was tolerant.
I was negative.
I was desperate.
I was angry.
I was victimized.
I was cheated.
I was deserving.
I was careless.
I was uncommitted.
I was irresponsible.
I was unreliable.
I was conceited.
I was comfortable.
I was uninformed.
I was sad.
I was unforgiving.
I was settling.
I was hurting.
I was hiding.
I was ashamed.

I am still some of these things.
But I'm not who I was.
I was saved
by the power of God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us:

Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!