Monday, October 5, 2009

Amazing God!

actions speak louder than words

When I look back at my life, just my adult life, the part I was responsible for, I am so truly amazed at the difference God has made in me.

From the age of 18-28, my life was a whirlwind of wild and crazy events. When I look back, I can see them as dumb, careless, irresponsible, havoc-reaking events. Things that held me back, weighed me down and kept me running in circles. Yet, these things shaped the person I am today. Even then, God had a plan for me.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " - Jeremiah 29:11

Part of this twisting and turning in the way of the world, landed me in Tallahassee for about 10 months as I pursued dreams of becoming the "IT Expert" I am today. Landing there, I fell into a group of ambitious, young singles running in the same circles as me. Yippee!

I don't want to speak for them, but you know what they say, "actions speak louder than words". At this point in our young lives, our actions spoke very little of our concern for our own salvation, much less that of others.

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you. Save me from bloodguilt, O God, the God who saves me, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness. O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise." - Psalm 51:12-15

Fast-forward - now, here we are, exactly eight years later. I, with my church, am collecting Underwear for Africa. Two of my dear friends from Tallahassee, whom I am very proud of, will deliver them to Lesotho next month as they share the Word of God with the Basotho people!

What an amazing journey! What an amazing God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us:

Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!