Thursday, October 14, 2010

In my own little world...

...it hardly ever rains!

But lately, it seems everyday is a tropical depression! If you've had a conversation with me in the last three weeks, I'm pretty certain I have mentioned Satan's attack on my life. But this is not about the devil. This is about me! Well not exactly, but I wish it was...

You see, the past three weeks I've just wanted to give up. Give up on my job, my church, my youth group, my business, some of my friends, most of my family and just stop, stop everything that I've been doing. Whoa! Did I just say that out loud? Well, the scary thing is, my husband said the same thing yesterday morning. Now if you know either of us, you are probably already thinking, "give up? you don't have that in you". Well the truth is, that's the truth! We aren't built that way and neither are you!

After this Sunday morning conversation with my husband about "giving up", we plugged in a Joyce Meyer CD series called "I am Determined!" on the way to church. The next four days continued to be a challenge. Then the craziest thing happened. Here's the short version:

Coming out of a committee meeting at church, my pastor and I noticed someone walking down the road. It was around 8:45 pm, so it was dark. We hung around in the parking lot chatting and suddenly heard a very loud banging sound. "BANG! BANG!" The person we saw walking was trying to break out my car window with the two of us standing 100 feet away! I was livid! For the next hour, we dealt with K-9 officers, police reports, the whole shebang! Before it was over, we were laughing about it, but I still felt violated.

The weird thing was that the next day, I woke up relieved. The weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders. I can't explain it, but its as if that one final attack from Satan was the deciding factor for me. You see he banged and banged on my window and it never broke. The door is bent and the window is scratched but the "barrier" never broke!

For weeks Satan banged and banged on my life, I was bent and scratched, but I never gave up!

Joyce Meyer said, "People who are called to greatness meet great challenges. He (God) never promised us it would be easy. In fact, He guarantees us adversities in His Word. He also promises to be with us through difficulties, to fight on our behalf, to strengthen us to overcome any obstacle we confront, and to give us the ability to overcome them under one condition— that we never give up."



In my own little world, it hardly ever rains,
I’ve never gone hungry, always felt safe
I got some money in my pocket, shoes on my feet
In my own little world
Population: me

Truth is, it's not about ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us:

Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!