Wednesday, July 21, 2010

God's Power and Grace...

...I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given me through the working of his power. -- Ephesians 3:7


As I have been preparing for our mission trip to Honduras, I have been led in my Bible reading to Ephesians. One of my favorite all time verses has always been Ephesians 2:10 -"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

As I have been reading in Ephesians I have found Paul's Prayer for the Ephesians. I have been repeating it daily as my prayer for our mission team and for the people of Honduras. I ask you to join me in this prayer over the next week:

A Prayer for the Ephesians
14For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. --Ephesians 3:14-21


I earnestly believe that God has had this planned for me from the time He formed me in my mother's womb. From the time I was a teenager, I wanted to join the Peace Corp, but fear held me back. Not just my own fear, but the fears of my family and friends as well. It wasn't until I had a real relationship with God that I was able to overcome that fear and go on my first mission trip a couple of years ago. Can you imagine what God could have used me for if I had been obedient and in relationship with Him for all of those years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us:

Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!Follow Me On Twitter!